At 09:42 AM 7/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Joop's site is terrific.  It's very clever and easy to navigate.  It is a very
>nice polling site. I estimate his cost for the three trips at around $4500.
>David Johnson has an excellent one also.
>
>Add the fact that it isn't just the votes that have to be authenticated (the use
>of a password is already one of our recommendations); it's the initial
>registration that has to be authenticated.  Joop doesn't question who the voter
>is or how many times/names the voter registrers under so ICANN expects to do that
>by postal mail.  Add secured servers and backend software to merge mailings and
>personnel costs to do mailings, tech support, answer member questions, etc.
>Please, folks, the MAC put in a lot of time looking at various gruesome details
>that you're not taking into account.
>
>If worse comes to worse, voting can be done postal (if the USPO will extend
>credit for stamps. :-)

Has anybody on the MAC eever participated in an online election, ever?

Usener had a great histry of online vorting. Every usenet newsgroup name
that exists today was voted into existance.

What you find is there is fraud, although ocer 15 years observation
the fraid is *extremely* and both sides to an issue do it - in other
words in cancels itself out.

--
Richard Sexton  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://dns.vrx.net/tech/rootzone
http://killifish.vrx.net    http://www.mbz.org    http://lists.aquaria.net