Please let me join this exchange.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The problem is that we were talking of the vote at IDNO as an example for
> the electronic vote for the elections of the ICANN Board.
>
> Maybe I should not, but I personally tend to care less about how an election
> in a working group is held, and more on how "the" ICANN election is held.

My focus is the same as yours--elections to the ICANN board.

> Kent is stating that he would not consider Joop as a "trusted third party"
> for the ICANN Board election.

I agree that "trusted third party" means "someone other than participants
interested in the results" whom  the parties all trust to be fair and honest.
As an alternative, I wonder if we might devise a system in which ICANN and the
candidates (or their designates) simultaneously receive copies of the votes.

> Personal considerations aside, I think that we need to find a way that
> satisfies everybody, and that everybody can trust.

Absolutely.