Michael,

> <snip>
> taken over John's NewCo. Only a fool would continue to refuse to
> listen to those who oppose them, many of whom post to the IFWP. It
> is not we who are in need of your messages, but you who are in need
> of ours.

Besides the fact that it is Jon, not John, and that everybody should be able
to decide by him/herself whether he/she is in need to read something or not,
my opinion is that Paul's reply should not be isolated from the context,
which was a forwarded message by Richard that is probably not of great
interest to the participants to this mailing list (in fact, the only comment
I saw to the original post was from Karl, who would have read it in the IETF
lists anyhow).

I agree with Paul Vixie that a message should be distributed to the relevant
discussion groups (which in the specific case did not include the IFWP), and
not Urbi et Orbi.

In fact you did not react to the original message, but just to the
forwarding to the public list of a private message from Paul to Richard
(BTW, I thought that it was not really compliant with Netiquette...)

Regards
Roberto