Tony,

You wrote:

> Especially considering Roberto was at the last testbed
> advisory committee meeting and I don't recall that either
> he or anyone else made such an assertion...  :-)

I was only at the "first" testbed meeting in Reston, when the testbed
programme was described to us by NSI. Off my memory it was in March (it was
cherry blossom in DC).
Not having brought my cristal ball at that meeting, I was unable to predict
that problems would have arosen later on. Please excuse me ;>).

Regards
Roberto

P.S.: Was "that" meeting also the last one? I assume not. Maybe you have
mistaken me for somebody else.