If they want a comment from me they can cut and paste jay fenellos
first internet civil way item in the comment space,  or they can have
the following from an earlier private message this morning.  As you
know Nick, this issue is bloody complicated and not amenable to the
simplistic treatment barret would like to whitewash it with.

comment

if the internet is to be homogenized or globalized under uniform laws
and controls, let it be done openly and honestly and NOT under the
guise of setting up ICANN to bring competition into dns and protect
us from evil NSI...... although I must say i have become almost as
disgusted with the absence of apparent leadership from Jim Rutt at
NSI as with Esther and Mike.

and PS the image of DoC beating people up with the white paper is
just too funny for words since when this lands in court commerce will
be shown to have been acting without legal authority.

At 12:46 PM -0400 8/11/99, Nick Patience wrote:
>There is a comment option on the site, I'm surprised it's still empty :)
>
>http://www.zdnet.com/tlkbck/comment/321/0,7091,68185-new,00.html

> >>randy barret..... ignorant fool
> >

> >http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/comment/0,5859,2298770,00.html
> >

> >Ziff/Davis, the publisher of Inter@ctive Week,
> >PC Week, Sm@rt Reseller, and a slew of other
> >magazines, is clearly on *one* side of this
> >issue.
> >
> >I wonder why?
> >

> >Respectfully,
> >
> >Jay Fenello
> >President, Iperdome, Inc.    404-943-0524
> >-----------------------------------------------
> >What's your .per(sm)?   http://www.iperdome.com

>Nick Patience
>Internet Editor, ComputerWire Inc
>T: 212 677 0409 x18 F: 212 677 0463
>http://www.computerwire.com

The COOK Report on Internet            Index to seven years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           The only Good ICANN is a Dead ICANN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    What's Behind ICANN and How it Will
Impact the Future of the Internet http://cookreport.com/icannregulate.shtml