William and all,

  I am afraid I don't agree with William's evaluation of the Berkman
Centers performance....  Why?  Well it is a documented FACT
that the Berkman Center has had several opportunities for CNN, TBA/TNT
and others, which have offered coverage and INternet IP Video
conferencing for their meetings, Free, and have not once followed up
with any of them, as I checked....  Oh yes, I almost forgot, I believe
the WEBTV offered as well...  Same result...

William X. Walsh wrote:

Sunday, August 22, 1999, 3:04:17 AM, Planet Communications Computing Facility <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello:

> The information posted here respects ICANN policies on real video
> transmissions.  Were inviting individuals to contact us privately if they
> should have any concerns respecting the ICANN's position on video feeds.

> http://www.pccf.net/correspondence/icann/19990819-edelman-icann.html

I have no trouble with this statement from Ben.  His concerns and
reasons are most reasonable.

We must be careful not to criticize, or imply criticism solely for the
purpose of criticizing, or finding every little detail to criticize,
and instead ask ourselves if a particular point is really so
important to warrant that kind of a protest, lest one loses their
credibility by being nothing but a naysayer.

I for one am satisfied with the work and effort, not to mention the
integrity, of Ben and the others from the Berkman Center who have made
remote participation available, and see no reason for this particular
issue to be a point of contention.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org

Contact Number:  972-447-1894