On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, William X. Walsh wrote:

> Sunday, August 22, 1999, 5:19:19 PM, Planet Communications Computing Facility
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Your points are of interest, but don't alter my consideration.  The issues
> > have already been debated under US law and the appropriate acts to
> > maintain those rights to privacy are already in force.
>
> I would disagree strongly with your interpretation of this.
>
> They are not as far sweeping or all inclusive to cover every area, and
> indeed they do not apply here.

US privacy lawmakers may wish to dispute this.  ICANN is not subject to
privacy law.  I agree there, question is - should it?

> Anarchy should NOT be the rule.

Anarchy and privacy are not a mutually inclusive argument, and I can't see
how anarchy and privacy have to do with each other.

Regards
Jeff Mason

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033