----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 10, 1999 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: [IFWP] Re: November Cook Report - intro and part 1 ISOC's
critical role in enabling ICANN
(....)

> Are you sure that a public vote would not have the same results?
> After all, the people who are lobbying ICANN right now will just
> directly lobby the government(s) who wind up setting up Internet
> policy if ICANN falls.
>
> I'm all for voting, but I don't expect that a public vote would
> have outcomes much different than those which generally favor big
> business.
>
> --gregbo

The amount of trademark-friendly legislation that has sailed through
Congress recently is certainly strong evidence of that.

Diane Cabell
http://www.mama-tech.com
Fausett, Gaeta & Lund LLP
Boston, MA