Rutt in his Rutt report said he cared about the internet.  That one
of his highest priorities was to preserve the freedom and
independence of the Internet.

Today I heard from a source with primary knowledge that Pincus wasn't
lying.....that NSI rather than fight ICANN will enable it by signing
a much modified version of the registrar's accreditation agreements.

If Rutt is an honorable man who meant what he said, he clearly hasn't
delivered.  Resigning is the best way to preserve his honor.

If the Rutt Report was was purposeful deception, then we will watch
him stay on and slip ICANN's regulatory nose around all our necks.

Maybe you believe ICANN will make real consessions in a modified
agreement?  i don't.
The COOK Report on Internet            Index to seven years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           ICANN: The Internet's Oversight Board -
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 NEW -  Incompetence or Duplicity? ICANN
and it Allies' Stealth Agenda  http://cookreport.com/isoccontrol.shtml