At 12:45 AM 10/10/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Who distributes the root list that local DNS servers use?  If the roots
>change, or if the IP# changes how do they know about the change?
>
>--Joseph

BIND ships from ISC with the IANA legacy root preconfigured.

People upgrade BIND much more often than the IP addresses of
the lagacy root server cluster ever changes, so each time
they upgrade BIND, they get the latest.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I see you've got yout fist out. Say your peace and get out. Guess