>Michael Sondow wrote:
>
> > Diane Cabell wrote:
> > >
> > > I do not teach a seminar of any kind for the Association of Internet
> > > Professionals. Your statement is a total fabrication.
> >
> > A total fabrication? Then why does Bret Fausett's website
> > (http://www.lextext.com/news/3-2.html) say ""Diane Cabell, an AIP
> > member and fellow at Harvard University's Berkman Center for Study
> > of Internet and Society, will conduct an online tutorial for persons
> > interesting [sic] in learning about the UDRP"?
>
>A total fabrication.  Where does this announcement by a private
>person on his own web site imply that the course is offered by AIP or
>to AIP?  It only says that I am a member of AIP.  No more.

THE LADY DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH

Be careful Diane, calling this a total fabrication is misleading.
This appeared in an AIP newsletter , the AIP NewsFlash as part of a
section updating AIP members on ICANN activities.  Indeed much of the
issue is filled with ICANN news and looks like an ICANN press release.

What you omit about this situation is very informative:

        This AIP NewsFlash is edited by AIP member Bret Fausett and
written by the lawyers and
        AIP members at the law firm of Hancock, Rothert & Bunshoft, LLP.

        Comments about this AIP NewsFlash or alerts about news to
include in future issues can
        be sent to Bret Fausett at <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

        Editor-in-Chief: Bret Fausett

This text appears in a AIP newsletter edited by this chance private
person, Brett Fausett.

i submitt Diane it is you who are misleading people on this exchange.
While the AIP did not directly sponsor the course its listing was
certainly an implied endorsement.  While to anyone reading quickly
the question of sponsorship was certainly ambiguous. And you did
indeed each the course.

  For  nearly two years I have watched you on the BWG mail list where
you have embraced virtually every move by ICANN.  You were grabbed by
ICANN for their membership committee and prided yourself on helping
them set up a global but meaningless membership structure.  Then when
Johnathon Zitran whose Berkman Center has become the establishment
legal think tank for ICANN offered to make you a fellow you jumped at
it.  While many of your fellow attornies (albeit NOT Berkman center
fellows) have criticized the absurd nature of the UDRP decisions, I
have never seen you do so....  My impression of you for  during over
18 months of reading your ICANN friendly comments  is one of a cheer
leader for ICANN who has been rewarded for her work with a Berkman
Center Fellowship.

As for this "private person"  Brett Fausett - you were a member of
Fausetts law firm before he moved to LA.  You have had a lengthy
working relationship with the man.  The web site Lextext:Brett
Fausett's Internet Printing Press is clearly his own but you despite
your past ties wish to sever all association?  very strange.  Did you
not notice that the document that advertises your services *IS* the
Association for Internet Professionals newsletter.

Of course the Berkman Center was the 'sponsor' of the course.

        The Berkman Center's Online Series 2000
        The Winter 2000 interactive series have concluded. All
materials are archived on the
         series websites.

        Our most recent offering was a Continuing Legal Education
course on the Uniform
         Dispute Resolution Policy of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
        Numbers  (ICANN).  Using ICANN's UDRP with Berkman Fellow Diane Cabell

If you insist be proud of your role in creating a shell organization
for ICANN membership and hence legitimizing it among those who
haven't spent hundreds of hours watching and documenting the
manipulation involved....  but next time don't rush to take offense
over an ambiguity of sponsorship.

>Other people may also have posted announcements about it.  I don't
>control what they say either.  You could have made the same
>announcement to your organization but that would not entitle your
>members to enroll and it certainly doesn't mean that it is being
>offered by you.  I repeat, this program was offered by Harvard Law
>School to practicing attorneys.  It was not offered to or for the
>AIP.

> > > have never stopped anyone from doing anything about his/her
>outrage.  > I have never been in any position in which I could do so
> >
> > On the contrary, it is precisely what you have been doing, ever
> > since ICANN got started, by pretending to offer people a way of
> > reforming ICANN's faults. You led many people down the garden path,
> > for a long while, with your shenanigans in the so-called Membership
> > Advisory Committee, and you are doing the same thing with the UDRP
> > and whatever other ICANN structures you act as an apologist for. You
> > are a defuser of outrage.
>
>Umm, exactly who are all these people that have been led down the
>garden path?  I'd love to meet such loyal supporters if they really
>exist.
>
>Diane Cabell
>Berkman Center for Internet & Society
>Harvard Law School
>http://cyber.law.harvard.edu

The COOK Report on Internet      Index to 8 years of the COOK  Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA   at http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)            What IBM & NSOL didn't want
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  you to know about their ICANN role.
January 2000 COOK Report:  http://cookreport.com/icannoverall.shtml