Define "Internet". They had to drop URDP and Sunrise from the dotUS proposal
(or in the alternative, could have applied to Congress for a variance)
because access to a public resource cannot discriminate against any of the
groups that own that resource, in this case the US people. So if the ccTLDs
are treated as public resources under the control of national governments,
that part certainly cannot be said to be an interconnected private network.
Who owns the 13 root servers?

Regards,
Joanna