On 22/01/2014 13:06, Yannis Milios wrote:
Hello friends,

I am planning following setup and I would like your opinion if this kind of setup can work:

http://i41.tinypic.com/24fzocn.png

What I want to achieve is having a pfsense vm on a linux box which will act as router/firewall for lan workstations.
There is just one vlan capable switch in the network.
There is just one nic interface on this linux box.Pfsense vm should have 3 virtual nics (1 wan1,1 wan2, 1 lan). If this setup is viable, where shoud vlan routing be done? on linux box or in pfsense vm? I am using (https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/HOWTO_setup_vlans_with_pfSense) as a reference for this setup.

I run a virtual pfsense for Virtual Networks, there should be no problem trunking VLANs through to your pfsense VM to cope with a Internal, WAN 1, WAN 2 and other DMZs if necessary. The routing between the VLANs should be done by pfsense.

Thank you for your time and sorry for my bad english

Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd
+44 (0) 8444 780677