On 2014-04-05 07:00, Ryan Coleman wrote:
And you cannot eliminate three of this with a switch?

I don't know any method how a network switch could replace the NICs of my firewall - other than by operating with VLANs.

But I do not trust VLANs for this. This is not the correct purpose of VLANS, IMO. Using VLAN for segregating networks that should live in physically different network zones because they have fundamental differing security levels, is like placing your firewall into a VM - You can, but you should not.

Sounds like you should look at your design.

No, I don't think so.
I think you should audit your security policy.

Regards
Thinker Rix

--
*Thinker Rix*, an internet user.