On Tue 09 May 2017 23:14:37 NZST +1200, José Gregorio Díaz Unda wrote:

> It looks like I should use PFS only as a firewall and DNS resolver, and
> setup independently DHCP and Squid.

The DHCP server in pfsense is very good. With squid and squidguard I am
less than impressed. It is more secure to run a web proxy on a different
host than the firewall. If you want MITM filtering, pfsense is probably
the easiest to set up because theoretically it's only a few clicks. I
think there was a package for getting letsencrypt certs, if you trust
them, you don't then need to import certs into all your clients.

> May be Squid/Squidguard in a "solo-mode" are less complex to setup to
> filter SSL. Or I should find a different alternative for Proxy/SSLFiltering.

The best choice depends on what you want. The pfsense squidguard
interface is not a time saver, some short strategic scripts in your own
setup will probably be way faster in the long run.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header.
http://volker.top.geek.nz/      Please do not CC list postings to me.