As I see it you have no proxy set up.  Your netscape works fine with
no proxy installed yet it still prompts your for a proxy user and pass
when connecting outside your internal network.

The bypass lists should be a list of hosts in a block:
system/schemes/default/proxy/bypass: ["host1" "host2" "*.domain.net"]
or similiar for your setup.  You should then be able to read internal
stuff just fine.

I'm still unclear on how yo uget prompted for proxy user/pass info
when Netscape has no proxy set up.  If you can tell me why that is
happening I may be able to help out with your external problem also.

Sterling