subhra:

On 17-Nov-99, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ... some one just said that some secret company is funding linus
> ... and he is well paid ... thats very true ... linus is rich now ...
> but he wasnt some two-three years ago .... after linux came in, it took
> about 3-4 years for linus to get "paid" for the work .... but he did get
> paid ..

Get your facts straight - this is total hogwash!

I said that a "secretive" company hired Linus, not funded him to develop
LINUX. One condition of being hired was that he reserved the right to develop
LINUX further. *IF* he is rich (rich is a relative term, as you must realise),
it was not a direct result of his LINUX work. How on earth did Linus get paid
for LINUX, a free open-source language?

 > but what i want to say is if anyone
> wants REBOL to kick ass set it FREE ... all of it... i am sure it will
> bring great results .... it worked for perl .. for python  ... for
> linux... it MUST and WILL work for REBOL ....

No, when the time comes, if you want to support REBOL, buy Command or whatever
else you need of it. It will be that simple.

--

                     The World of AmiBroker Support