Hi, Gabriele,

you wrote:

> The point I was mainly interested in was this. Being REBOL
> strongly based on blocks, adding overhead could not be an
option.
> Furthermore, once we have REBOL/View or REBOL/Media, performance
> can become important in some cases (as can be now with CGI, for
> example).

There is a terminological problem in this discussion. The
"overhead" may mean the necessity to use different approaches to
do the same things (ie. a necessity to learn something). If you
are discussing the speed of programs, then the use of immutable
blocks for the program code storage may simplify and therefore
speed up the interpretation.

Ladislav