> to clarify, Ted's project is "kabob" on husted.com
>
> my done-one's source code is at kehei.com .  if you want to
> see   a  big    instance      of    one  running        try
> http://www.worldforge.org
>
> everything with /website in the url uses it.
>

> now the bad  news: sadly,  it  was written  before we  knew
> about rebol.
>
> it does  shell-out  via  system() and  examine  environment
> variables so   it   will  have trouble  getting     by with
> rebol/core even if we did convert it to another language.
>
> so while free/open source, jeff will not allow it.

  Well, some shell script glue (that collect environment
  variables and passes them in via stdin to the REBOL script,
  or what have you) where needed is fine, but the bigger point
  is that REBOL is highly capable of creating all the content
  on its own (when it comes to scripts, that is. Of course
  people can use whatever editor they want, as long as it's
  emacs! (-:) Often enough, machine dependencies created by
  shelling-out can be avoided.  Shelling languages end up
  making shell calls rather frivolously sometimes.  As a
  simple matter of principle, the REBOL community website
  should be totally "powered by REBOL".  It should also
  reflect the shared interests of that community, so, in my
  humble opinion, it shouldn't just be a matter dropping a
  bunch of already made non-REBOL components in there.  It
  should be like a "hey, guys, we need one of these and one of
  those..."  or "hey, I got this kooky idea to run past you
  all."  And on from there.

  I can't promise this at all, but the development group might
  be entitled to a non-distributable pre-beta copy of command
  if it would help the site.  No promises, though.

  So, the other mailing list is being set up right now.  I've
  subscribed those who have expressed an interest.

  Trying to strike while the iron's hot,

  Jeff