Hi Carl,

Thank you very much for your comments. I was discussing with Jerry and Larry
about the best value to use for passing the options, and wound up allowing
any value that could be formed to a reasonable string. I agree that
issues are the most suitable datatype.

#N.M always works as far as I know, and even N.M works as long as there are
no trailing zeroes. But given your preferences I will modify the script
to enforce #N.M and resubmit.

Thank you very much.

See you,
Eric

PS - I was trying to get carbon copies to work right on my mail program and
broke it, so the last message to the list didn't get a proper header. Hope
I've got it fixed now.

Here's revised code for the directory list function that I posted to
a related list, using the issue datatype as an argument to QC.

show-dir: func [
    "List the specified directory. Inspired by Jos'h Fuller's DIR"
    where [ file! ]          "Directory path."
    /by 'sort-by [ word! ]   {Options are 'name (default) 'date 'size}
    /desc                    "Sort in descending order"
    /label                   "Show column labels."
    /local file files comp
][
    sort-by: select reduce [none 1 'name 1 'date 2 'size 3] sort-by
    comp: either desc [:greater?][:lesser?]
    files: copy []
    foreach file read where [
        append/only files reduce [file   modified? file   size? file]
    ]
    sort/compare files func [a b][
        either a/:sort-by = b/:sort-by
            [comp a/1 b/1][comp a/:sort-by b/:sort-by]
    ]
    if label [insert/only files ["NAME" "DATE/TIME" "SIZE"]]
    (qc files #40.0.2.1)