[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Umm, the reason that the hash is slow is that it only hashes string type
>values. The test you were using had numeric values. Try your tests with
>strings and you should see a significant difference and I will add numeric
>values to the hash as well for the next release...

Doh! My mistake :(

At least this means that hash! improves find as well.
Good news, that!

>However, I'm not planning on hashing block values...

Darn. Time to rewrite my improved memoize :(

While you're at it, can you add a /skip option to
find and select that mirrors the same option for
sort? This would help greatly with REBOL database
work in the block-of-fixed-records style.

Brian