On 9/23/2000 at 12:30 PM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've been trying to put together a system to send out press releases
using free Perl/CGI scripts as a prototype. What a hairball!

Here's a script I use to manage a small mailing list.

---

#!\usr\bin\rebol

REBOL[ Title: "ATW Script Mailing List (atwscripts.r)" ]

; - Load mailing list
atwscripts: make block! load %atwscripts.txt

; - Setup Internet mail
set-net [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] fc.wxxi.org ]

; - Setup Header
atwheader: make system/standard/email [
 From: "Assignment: the World <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
 Subject: "ATW Script for this week"
]

; - Send it
send/header atwscripts read %atwscript.txt atwheader

quit

---

What I'm sending out is saved in a plain-text file - "atwscript.txt",
and the list of recipients is another plain-text file -
"atwscripts.txt" - just a list of [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s.

At one time I used the bulk mail refinement, but AOL bounced to many
messages that way.

-Ted.