Paul Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

     "[...] First of all, I like it - the only problem that I found was that
I couldn't mouse off the map and onto the 'popup' without the popup
disappearing (FF 1.5.0.4 on win XP) - which renders the 'click for more ->'
redundant.

Or am I missing something? [...]"

---

Hello Paul,

I think it wouldn't be confusing if it wasn't a demo. Normally, in use,
those links would lead somewhere off the page. You'd hover or focus on the
map's hotspot, the span would then appear to give some info and prompt a
click for more, then you click in place, on the map itself (unless you drag
your pointer off the target without releasing it then focus would "stick.")
It is, you see, a single link: the map hotspot, embedded image, and the text
is all within the same anchor. If it weren't a demo you'd hover or focus on
a hot spt, then click or hit Enter to activate the link and procced to the
"More" part. That's why I felt it was ok to use those words "Click for more"
becuase the link is distinctive when one considers all the other content
within the span that is part of the same anchor. Being that those links
don't go anywhere in the demo, it can lead to some confusion and it would
seem that it may be two links. To get a better feel for what it is we're
looking at would be to turn off styles in which case each list item is a
single link with an image and text in it.

Does that make sense? Perhaps better instructions should be included above
the map?

Thank you.

Mike