I know it seems incredible, but there are many large
businesses that I know of that will only allow IE to
be used. I was as shocked as you but on further
investigation into one such organisation it seemed to
be a matter of cost as the users didn't have
permission to download any programmes/software/etc so
IT would have to come round to everyone's machine
individually to install it.

and that would cost money

pants excuse I think...but these kind of organisations
won't listen to any sort of reason!

L-J

--- Nick Gleitzman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> SunUp wrote:

> >  I've had an enormous struggle getting our
> > department permission to use Firefox, and the rest
> of the staff here
> > (3000-odd people) don't have a choice because the
> Firefox site is
> > banned.
>
> Banned?! What for? What kind of nazis *are* these
> people? Is this some
> kind of perceived security issue? And when you say
> the FF site, do you
> mean using FF as a browser?

L-J Lacey

subtle as a fish
developing websites today for tomorrow

http://www.subtleasafish.com/

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New
Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html