On 10/4/06, Christian Montoya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Need I say anymore?
> >
> > www.hansermusicgroup.com
> >
> > Thoughts?

> this will never market
> well... it does nothing at all for search engines.... which pretty
> much ruins the whole point of having an "info/about us" site like
> this. It's just too bad that the guys at Hanser got ripped off.

On 10/4/06, Mark Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Christian,

For the less experienced could you "unpack" your statement some.
That is, tell us more about the *why*.

ma

As I said, without any textual information on the page (look at the
source... just a bunch of img tags without even alt attributes),
there's nothing for a search bot (that's a machine that doesn't have
eyes) to pick up. A search bot goes through that page and says,
"there's nothing here but a bunch of images and javascript. I have no
information. I can't tell what's going on."

Heck, the page doesn't even have META descriptions or keywords! Not
that search engines like Google pay attention to that stuff anymore,
but after you read the title of the page, there's nothing left to
examine. This is not how you make a site search-engine friendly.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... portfolio.christianmontoya.com