From: "Paul Novitski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] Accessible Multi-Column List

At 10/26/2006 05:58 AM, Mike at Green-Beast.com wrote:
>Not sure if this one's messed up on various platforms/browsers but I think
>it's stable. It might yet another option for you. It's good and resizes
>well
>in everything *I've* tested it in (including IE7). The ordering is left -
>right - down, left - right - down, and so on. Very accessible.
>
>Write-up: http://mikecherim.com/gbcms_xml/news_page.php?id=4#n4
>Experiment/demo: http://mikecherim.com/experiments/css_double_lists.php

The main drawback of this technique is that, although the markup
sequence is correct, the presentational sequence is fractured, with
consecutive list items appearing in adjacent columns:

A       B
C       D
E       F

The challenge is to present the list items in two or more vertical
sequences:

A       D
B       E
C       F

...while maintaining a single, correctly-sequenced list in the markup.

Regards,
Paul