From: "Paul Novitski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] Accessible Multi-Column List

At 10/26/2006 11:54 AM, Mike at Green-Beast.com wrote:
>Thanks for the feedback. I did note it was left - right - down so it was
>more or less just an option for if wanting a presentational list in that
>format (not sure if it's wrong or fractured per se).

Sure -- perhaps I shouldn't have used such prejudicial
language!  There are instances in which horizontal list wrap is
perfectly acceptable, e.g. gallery thumbnails.  It's when the
designer (such as the OP for this thread) wants vertical sequences of
list items that the horizontal format seems inappropriate.

>That said, maybe I'll have to offer it the other way in a future
>experiment.
>I do suspect I'll have to measure heights in EMs, though to prevent
>breakage
>(assuming I'll end up using some negative margin-top).

If you haven't already, please read my List Apart article
<http://alistapart.com/articles/multicolumnlists/>.  I'd love it if
you could improve on any of those techniques or come up with ones I
hadn't considered.

Warm regards,
Paul