In a message dated 10/3/2002 7:25:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

rob: here is no hands-off
arm chair thinker who says lets sit on the sidelines and merely
reflect.   how refreshing!

mark: Yes, her passionate caring is clear,
and moving.
But why is it that we are not equally
filled with that same passion?
Aren't we ambivalent about it? conflicted?
On the one hand we see the need for
urgent action, and
on the other hand, there is the distorted
K knowledge that anything we do, that is going
to only perpetuate the mess.

Powerlessness is on one level about how much
you have, and what position you hold. But on a
deeper level it is about the
fear of acting, the uncomforatbility, the price that has
to be paid for getting involved. And in thse particular
circles, there is a deep confusion concerning
what it means to be acting from self, resulting in
paralyzing conflict with perpetuating the self-centered
beings that we are.