I think you're confusing k's perspective with that of the
Holy Trinity here.  K is full of scorn and ridicule of
prominently placed individuals who chicken out on their
responsibility to speak out clearly against public misconduct.
Bob-mark-greg have a fear of such commentary, much like
the irresponsible professors who're afraid to bite the
hand that feeds them.  But k is equally critical of the
manufacturers of causes, and he's somewhat dubious about
professional social workers.   Whether Ms Roy is
overshooting the mark and moving from 'speaking out' to
'espousing feft-wing causes', as various people here have
suggested, is questionable.   I dislike it when I feel that
someone is 'playing politics' with what should be a matter of
conscience, but my greatest respect is reserved for those
who speak against the deluded populism of their own tribe.
Mencken, Nietzsche, Heine, Chomsky. Einstein etc. etc.....
The greastest are the ones who can do that while avoiding
ideology.  I'm not sure about Ms Roy.

-