Actually I think the fake cylinder heads look much nicer than my battery box. I wouldn't mind having something like that on my bike.

http://home.comcast.net/~damonhenry/Suzuki09.jpg

From: Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ElectricMotorcycles <listserv@electricmotorcycles.net>
Subject: Re: [ElectricMotorcycles] Arlen Ness Electric Motorcycle
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:56:47 -0800

Not at all impressed.

Also, this bike, and the CHP electric chopper (http://www.bikernet.com/bikebarn/PageViewer.asp?PageID=583) seem to have a need for a fake motor, or at least cylinder heads. Why is that? The CHP article even calls it an "Electric V-Twin," which is ridiculous, as the V-Twin refers to the piston engine layout. Do they really think people are so stupid that they'll either: A) Think that it's some kind of electric piston, or B) won't consider it a real bike without cylinder heads, despite _knowing_ it's electric? Of course, then there's the gas tank ...

Of course, noone ever accused the custom chopper guys of having substance over style.

Mike wrote:
http://www.bikemenu.com/builder/Arlen_Ness/Arlen_Ness_Electric_Motorcycle001.jpg

http://www.bikemenu.com/builder/Arlen_Ness/Arlen_Ness_Electric_Motorcycle002.jpg

http://www.bikemenu.com/builder/Arlen_Ness/Arlen_Ness_Electric_Motorcycle003.jpg

http://www.bikemenu.com/builder/Arlen_Ness/Arlen_Ness_Electric_Motorcycle004.jpg

I'm not terribly impressed with the looks of that. Any one else? It looks to me like they tossed some batteries in the frame then wrapped them with a bread box. Ness usually comes up with better looking stuff than that.

Check out all that glitters with the MSN Entertainment Guide to the Academy Awards® http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2