Form follows function, right?...How about cooling fins
on the batt box?....Just kidding, unless they are Li,
I dont see it being of much use other than a rolling
advertisement for a Gillette razor and your leg.

What I would like to see is batteries that are made to
fit on a bike.  To clarify, we are trying to fit a
square peg in an almost round hole.  This empty space
from all the batteries to the edges might be enough to
fit another battery and a half.  The way I figure it,
by volume of material, batteries can be made into any
shape and have equal capacity.  The batteries then
would have to fill the empty space.  Of course, that
means that the batteries would only be unique to that
vehicle and not be the cheaper universal box shapes.

Or unequal batteries can be connected with an
appropriate BMS.

Of the cycles that I have viewed, the Killacycle has
been the most efficient use of space- both now and
when it ran with supercaps.

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265