I agree with Damon.  I started down the Etek, Perm132 route but
eventually ended up with an L91-4003 6.7 inch ADC.  Living in AZ I am
worried about heat and decided regen was not worth the effort.  I have
a 300# AGM pack and a Zilla 1k.  This gives me the range and speed I
need with a direct drive ratio of 4.75:1 and good acceleration.  me

On 6/22/07, damon henry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>what motor should I use...
>
>Personally, I'm really liking the PERM132.  I have an etek in my CBR but
>I'm beginning to think a heavy bike is too much for it.  When my bike had
>little Hawkers at around 78 pounds the bike went like snot and the motor
>never got warm. Even riding full throttle and really giving it the berries.
>  Now with about 200 pounds of Yellow Tops it's pretty slow (bike wise) and
>the motor heats up no mater how careful one is with the throttle.  One day
>it got so hot you could hardly keep your hand near it much less touch it. I
>  think I came close to a China syndrome* that day. So I think weight is an
>issue for the etek. Just my thoughts and I'd appreciate more input.

I am in love with the ADC 6.7 inch motors for motorcycles.  They can take
some serious amps, so you will never run into the same type of meltdown
issues you do with the Eteks.  You can usually find one used for around
$400, or you could contact Jim Husted and have him find and rebuild a nice
core for probably a little more.  We went down to the forklift junk yard
together and picked up my core for $200 (this is the one going in my truck
and it is much befier than the one on my bike).  I think the standard rate
he charges the forklift guys for rebuilding a motor is around $350 so I
would imagine that you could get a really nice motor from him in the $500 -
$600 range.  Or you can buy them brand in the $600 - $1000 range.

damon

PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows
Live Hotmail.