I've talked to just a couple that are quite happy with the K91 and actually
said its more than they needed. And they're both running under 4:1. I'm just
going to test some ratios out, but don't think its worth spending money
right now without knowing. It might have more to do with the weight of the
vehicle being under 480 stock. I've seen some 1000cc/1100cc, and I think
they might be too heavy for it with a 4:1.

I think you're right though, I may be suffering range/acceleration for top
speed, but the speed isn't my concern really... I'm likely going to be going
45mph or less. I just want to see the thing on the road, running. And I'm
sure you know as well as anyone, these EV's are in a constant state of
improvement. Once I have batteries, motor and controller tuned in, I can
decide if a different ratio helps.

Thanks for the input though, now I know you're not just one of those guys
that quotes Bidwell's book as the bible. It may be a good reference for an
Etek, but with a different motor, like the ADC or D&D, its in a different
class due to RPM's, cooling, build quality and voltage rating. Sorry if I
came off as harsh, but so many people have emailed me, commented on my blog
and msg'd me on the forums telling me to rethink things because of Bidwell's
book on a Ninja. Its a great guide for someone that wants to use a small
bike, an Etek and be limited. I wanted a nice looking bike, good performance
and not have issues with the motor breaking. He also used a certain set of
products. I'm helping design my own (charger/bms/controller/monitor/display)
with a company in Portland called Synkromotive.

Take care,
and great looking bike... your Frankenceptor and Ben's were the reason I
went for the interceptor... I decided on the 86 after I saw it.

Travis

--
Travis Gintz
1986 Honda VFR DC conversion