No, folks we don't have a date for our conversion yet, but we are moving the
bulk of the rescheduled trip to Jan./Feb. of 2009. We hope to have our Prius
converted way before then, but this will help us have lots of time to line up
accomodations, media, etc.
Before all else, I want to say how much I appreciate you, the members of FLEAA
who have been so supportive over the weeks and months with encouragement and
ideas. And for those of you who took up the slack and gave excellent
presentations in Sarasota with Michele Mician, I give another heartfelt thanks!
That commitment was really weighing on my mind, and, as the date grew closer, I
kept hoping that we could make it. Andrew Roddy called to let me know that he
would do the long trip to have his super EBox there. I heard that Al Lococo was
there with his wonderful truck that has logged over 2,000 miles. Also Al
brought a presentation that is so very well written. Can you repost that, Al,
for any members who may have missed it the first time around? And could your
repost the address of your website that has many more of your clear and
interesting EV writings?
Also, James Parish participated with his plug-in Prius. We look forward to
getting together with James at the rescheduled EVI. I know there were more
EVers there (but I don't know names), and I thank you also.
I am including below a copy of part of Michele Mician's thank you to members
who were there. This shows the great job you did!
Hi all! THANK YOU for all of your efforts. It was great to see so many
interested parties. I think you really got the word out and now people know
there is a FLEAA! So much fun.

Take Care,

Michele

      Michele mician, MS

      CITY OF SARASOTA Sustainability INITIATIVES

I am in regular correspondance with folks at A 123 and with our conversion team
at The Advanced Vehicle Research Center. Both are dedicated groups of
professionals who are looking at the total picture of reliability based upon
attention to all details. Their delays were necessary to make sure that the
advancement of the PHEV technology uses the best and safest techniques and
components possible.
Now, that previous statement shows my maturity talking. Sometimes my impatience
overcomes my maturity, but I am growing up, and as I turn 60 years old next
week, I hope to speak from a very wise and patient place more and more!  B^)  I
had hoped to be addressing folks while on the EVI at this birthday occasion,
but life had a different pace for things. Wish I could learn that patience
thing so the lesson would just quit coming around so much. I need patience in
learning patience.
On a later posting I will share some of the words of an A 123 representative
about their focus now. It helped me to develop more respect for their position
by reading those words a few days ago.
Again, thanks for all that everyone has done. Fran, The EVI