Ted,

Along those same lines, you might want to try this high school teacher whom I
met back in February at MAST Academy's "Contemporary Issues in Science"
Symposium, focused on Renewable Energy and Alternative Transportation, that was
held at Fairchild Tropical Garden in Coral Gables (same place where we had the
Fairchild Challenge event with Chelsea Sexton that you came to), which both
Allan Miller and I attended:

Greg Foote
Instructor/Director
Lely High School
Construction Academy
1 Lely High School Blvd.
Naples, FL 34113-7899
phone: 239-377-2108
fax: 239-377-2001
home: 239-793-4650
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Greg told me that he would be interested in starting an electric car program at
his high school but that there don't seem to be any resources of knowledge and
people doing EV stuff over in the Naples/Fort Myers area of Southwestern
Florida.

Well, that was then, but it shows how far we've come just since February -- 5
months! -- that we've now got an entire group of people over there (all you
guys!) who are getting organized doing EV activities.  Actually, I don't think
there has ever been a void or lack of people converting EVs in the Naples/Ft.
Myers area, because there *has*, for a long time in fact; it's just that people
over there may not have known about each other's efforts but now are starting
to communicate with each other thanks to the great work you all are doing over
there getting things organized!

Anyway, maybe you can try this high school instructor in Naples, Greg Foote,
and put him in touch with Monte Hamsher.  They might be able to collaborate on
starting up EV programs in their respective high schools.

Best regards,

Charles Whalen
Delray Beach