From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Paul Jones
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:50 PM
To: listserver@ozsilverlight.com
Subject: RE: [OzSilverlight] External Resource files?

According to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680304.aspx:
"In Silverlight 1.0, the only valid content of a ResourceDictionary is one
or more Storyboard elements"

So that won't work.

  _____

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:25:42 +0930
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: listserver@ozSilverlight.com

Hi Bec,

I haven't done anything in Silverlight yet but in WPF you can use a Merged
ResourceDictionary.

External file eg:

<ResourceDictionary

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation";
            xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml";>
    <Style x:Key="GroupListBoxStyle" TargetType="{x:Type ListBox}">
        <Setter Property="Background" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static
SystemColors.WindowBrushKey}}"/>
        <Setter Property="BorderThickness" Value="1"/>
    </Style>
</ResourceDictionary>

Then at the top of your xaml include external resource files. Eg:

<Window.Resources>
    <ResourceDictionary>
        <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
            <ResourceDictionary
Source="/Namespace;component/Windows/Skin/ListBox.xaml"/>
        </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
        <!-- Other local styles here -->

    </ResourceDictionary>

</Window.Resources>

I would think it would be the same in Silverlight so I HTH.

Greg

  _____