you can also just set it in the properties dialog for the .dbml

and also note (just in case you did not already know) that you should set
the

"*Serialization Mode*" = *"Unidirectional*"

if you want to send data from the LinqToSql .dbml via a WCF service to a
Silverlight Application

i attached a pic incase I am not being clear...

On 8/28/08, Steven Nagy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> This way you can explicitly control your connection string
>

> Or you can just set the connection string to the right one when you
> instantiate your data context???
>
> var db = new MainDataDataContext(SomeHelperClass.DefaultConnectionString);

.net noobie™

This Framework is not Big Enough for the both of us...