"while other ships were able to leave." The 3 cruise liners chartered by the
Chinese government also had to remain in port owing to the storm. All 4
ships had a rough ride once they did leave port. You are either poorly
informed or biased.

The Chinese have 30,000 workers in Libya and it will take some time to get
them out. All Americans are out. The situation is deteriorating and it is
only prudent for the Chinese to provide air cover with a missile frigate
until all the trips that they have chartered safely get out of Libya.

The US Navy diverted a carrier battle group to surround the motorsailer
Quest East of Oman. The carrier battle group*s* are providing air cover to
ground forces in Afghanistan and Iraq. They are not dedicated to anti-piracy
patrol. We are at war you know. Even in peacetime, the location of Navy
ships is classified so no responsible government spokesman should answer as
to the location of Sixth Fleet assets.

Ron Rogers