Ignoring for the moment the fact of Ahmet's own usual habit of bitchy
little comments and impotent threats (the reason that I kill-filed him
quite a while ago; the only time I get to see his posts is when someone
else cites them), I must say that in the main, I have to agree with
this. I don't see that Walter was pushing any particular agenda, or
taking up a political stance.

Ron, I understand that you may have been rubbed raw by the current ugly
rhetoric about this issue in other places. Please do consider that you
may also have been hyper-sensitized by it to the point of treating
anything on the subject that does not explicitly espouse your viewpoint
as supporting the opposite side. This is neither an accurate perception
nor a reasonable way to approach the world. When you reach that point,
it may be a good idea to drop the issue, walk away from the keyboard for
a while - or possibly kill-file, either permanently or temporarily,
people that you find affect your peace of mind.

Take a deep breath, sip a cup of tea, go look at the ocean. Then come
back in a better frame of mind and talk about something different. No
major harm done (not trying to speak for anyone else here, but that's
what it looks like to me), no foul. Let it go.

Ben
--
                       OKOPNIK CONSULTING
        Custom Computing Solutions For Your Business