On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 02:49:04PM -0500, Skip Gundlach wrote:
> Hi, Ben, and list,
>
> I presume you'll address the batteries issue shown later in the thread, but I
> wonder:
>
>     As my own small blow for justice, I wrote a kit of programs that daily
>     retrieves all the posts from a certain Yahoo group, parses them back
>     into their original format (i.e., email), and backs them up in a
>     searchable archive. In some ways, it's one of the most satisfying
>     projects I've ever done.
>
> Would you be interested in selling/donating said program/script to needy
> sailors everywhere?

For the price of asking, yes. :) Since it was never intended for
distribution, you'll need to do a little manual configuration to get it
running - i.e., create the MySQL database/table, specify the group name
to retrieve from and the database/table name to save to.  You'll also
need a Linux-based system to run it on. Let me know when you want it,
and I'll send it along.

(The easiest approach would just be for me to clone what I've got and
"aim" it at another group - about a minute worth of work; however, my
virtual server is only 10GB in size and already creaking at the seams.
One day soon, I'll expand the thing...)

Ben
--
                       OKOPNIK CONSULTING
        Custom Computing Solutions For Your Business