If they're wet cells check the water level once or twice and they'll be great.

Bill Wright
S/V Wright Tack

On 12/16/2011 11:23 AM, SteveW wrote:
I agree with Skip on this one. While I don't have to worry about web connection issues, etc. while sitting at home in front of a roaring fireplace I can look through the emails in 'preview' and make the decision to engage or not. It seems to me that there's always as slowdown this time of the year with a lot of the normal 'listers' because a whole bunch of us (at least here in the Northeast, Northwest, and upper Midwest) have put our respective boats to bed for the winter -- unfortunately! I also know a bunch of the old regulars ( Charmaine, 'bella, etc...) have migrated to web based or even Facebook, but there are still a LOT of us checking the inbox for list messages. Meanwhile, I'll be heading out to check on the boat cover, lines, and fenders while Captiva sleeps in her bubbler-equipped slip. But here's a topic which has been explored before but possibly germane to those of us wet-storing over the winter. Will 6-v wet cell batteries be damaged by leaving the on-board charger activated over 4 months (Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar) so it maintains a float charge? In my case, I've got an inverter/charger. I think that while the unit is on and the status panel is on there's some minimum draw even as the batteries are being charged.
Steve Weinstein
S/V CAPTIVA
1997 Hunter 376, Hull #376
Sailing out of Oyster Bay, NY

All outgoing mail protected by VIPRE A/V

*From:* Skip Gundlach <mailto:skipgundl...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Friday, December 16, 2011 9:15 AM
*To:* liveaboard@liveaboardonline.com <mailto:liveaboard@liveaboardonline.com>
*Subject:* Re: [Liveaboard] EXT : Any other lists more active?
I'm part of cruisers_online_network, a truly international list (many receive their mail/listserve over Pactor)... I'm away from my home computer, but I'll follow up in a week or so with info on that one. That said, I wouldn't disengage from this. Also, I DETEST web interfaces of all stripes, much preferring listserve, or at a distance, NNTP newsgroups, where stuff comes to my mailbox without the need to log on, go to a web site, or any other much more bandwidth intensive activity. It also allows me a preview of what I'm either going to open or disregard, vs having to wade through lots of title-only stuff in forums...
My 2 cents; this is a great list, taking a breather :{))
L8R
Skip