windso...@pipeline.com writes:

I’m not going to answer for Alan but he’d have the same issue in Maine we
have here in NY.  A solar panel isn’t going to do a lot of good covered
with a few inches of snow. Plus the fact that during the winter months the
angle of the sun, even at astronomical noon isn’t that high or that strong (if
 you tilted the panel)...Steve Weinstein

Don't want to wage a war.  I'm in Ohio during the winter, shrink  wrapped.
Now I cannot argue YOUR snow, but my solar panel does work  all winter at
apparently about 50%  through the white shrink wrap, and it  is mounted flat
for that period of time.  The angle over the boat for the  shrink is about
30 degrees each side and the snow seems to drop away very  nicely.
Carl ...Dayton, OH