From: gypsy...@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:55 PM
To: liveaboard@liveaboardonline.com
Subject: Re: [Liveaboard] EXT : Any other lists more active?

windso...@pipeline.com writes:
  I’m not going to answer for Alan but he’d have the same issue in Maine we
have here in NY.  A solar panel isn’t going to do a lot of good covered with a
few inches of snow. Plus the fact that during the winter months the angle of
the sun, even at astronomical noon isn’t that high or that strong (if you
tilted the panel)...Steve Weinstein
Don't want to wage a war.  I'm in Ohio during the winter, shrink wrapped.  Now
I cannot argue YOUR snow, but my solar panel does work all winter at apparently
about 50%  through the white shrink wrap, and it is mounted flat for that
period of time.  The angle over the boat for the shrink is about 30 degrees
each side and the snow seems to drop away very nicely.
Carl ...Dayton, OH

To search the archives http://www.mail-archive.com/liveaboard@liveaboardnow.org

The Mailman Users Guide can be found here
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/index.html