On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Jeremy Huntwork
<jhuntw...@linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> It comes down to this. If you, the readers of this list and users of this CD,
> would like to produce future "official" versions of this CD, you are going to
> have to come together to decide two things.
>
> 1. What future direction should the CD take and why (i.e., Stated Purpose,
> build method, packages included, other features)
> 2. How are we going to organize to achieve the answers to question 1?
>
> If we can't answer those two things satisfactorily and put it into action,
> then I'm afraid the best thing would really be to shut down the project
> completely and officially.
What I think we should do is:

 1. Clean up the build scripts so that they are more maintainable, if
anyone wants to do that soon, that would be really helpful.
 2. Update the scripts to use current SVN (soon to be 6.7). and update
the BLFS packages as well.
 3. Either update XFCE to 4.6.2, or replace it with LXDE (and we
should add XFCE and/or LXDE to the book, and add back HAL support
since it's usable again.)
 4. And elect a new maintainer for this package.

I will really apprecate it if the LiveCD has gone back alive, as I've
been using Sidux to build LFS, and I would love it if I can matain
this project.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.