On 07/15/2010 07:34 AM, Stas Sușcov wrote:
> * It has nothing to do with ubuntu as a community
>
> What I would really like to see, is a new initiative to
> rebuild/organize/simplify existing ubuntu forums, instead of trying to
> get people on SE.

At first, it has a lot to do with Ubuntu. The whole content
on this particular website will be about Ubuntu.

There is no problem referring from Ubuntu SE to Ubuntu Forum,
nor from Ubuntu Forum to Ubuntu SE. This is not a competition,
but an outreach.

We will be the first linux distro that has a unique Q&A on SE. We reaching
people that are maybe currently  not aware of us, or the other
avenues that we offer for support.

There is nothing wrong with reaching out in this way.

txwikinger
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/7716/ubuntu?referrer=J1lLT56ANg-B49QQOgt7xA2