On 18.02.2014 10:16, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> I'm pretty sure to not use a patched version of cpptask with VS 2013
> currently. Could you provide a link? I'm simply using mvn compile or
> mvn package or else.

I'm using apache-ant-1.8.4 + ant-contrib-1.0b2 + cpptasks-1.0b5, with
jdk 1.6 or 1.7 (often needed only to build log4cxx :-/ )

the source of cpptask must be modified to be properly compiled (just
calling 'ant jar'):
- org.apache.xml.serialize -> com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.serialize
- /Zi -> /Z7

it's maybe not required for the 'vcproj' targets, but at least is (was?)
required for the direct build.

>> (a) makes visual studio 6 projects,
Note: I just discovered that export to VS2008 is now possible
(still require a "manual" import to VS 2012)

> Isn't that an argument to remove the creation of projects by cpptasks?
> I have the feeling this would make the build script more maintainable
> and we would be less dependent on cpptasks, which isn't supported
> anymore anyways.
I think so - managing the several build option (static/shared lib,
static/dynamic runtime, debug/release target, etc) is not
straightforward with them.

> mvn package successfully builds and executes the test for me on VS 2013
> Express.

I never tried with maven... Probably I should give a t

btw - seems a bit strange to require java to be able to build a C++ project.

When looking at the build of apr, I'm tempted to have a try with Cmake.

--
flo