Guten Tag koby...@gmail.com,
am Montag, 9. Juni 2014 um 10:21 schrieben Sie:

> Thank you for your reply.

Please make sure to always respond to the list and not individuals
because this is of interest for the project in general.

> Is there a better outlet for my desire to assist the log4cxx project?

> Would you suggest to pick a critical bug from JIRA, and to discuss it with
> the reporter/committers?

Of course, I didn't meant you shouldn't support the project of course,
only that especially CMake and the build system is simply a topic
where the project didn't decide where to go yet and that those topics
are bit heavy to start with. Browse through Jira and simply have a
look on what you would like to work on and tell us.

Starting as a committer is not that easy, first you would need to sign
some documents because of licensing and such and because the current
team of log4cxx is pretty new to all that as well, I just attached the
mail our current mentor send as some months ago. The easiest thing for
now should be to simply attach patches in Jira and we'll commit them
later. That's what we already did in the past and seemed to be ok from
a licensing point of view.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:thorsten.schoen...@am-soft.de

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

--- Begin Message ---
Dear all,

I am writing you because in the past monthes you have expressed your interest in maintaining log4cxx. I count 11 people which is a great size to restart again.

Please reply to this email if you are still interested in working on log4cxx. If the half of you is willing to put some sweat in it, I will ask the other Logging PMC
members if they agree to re-incubating log4cxx with the new team.

* What does incubation mean?

The incubator is the place where new projects learn how development at the ASF works. When in the incubator, a project is overseen by the Incubator project mananagement committee (IPMC): The IPMC will provide mentors to log4cxx who you can ask for any questions.

I am willing to stick with the project and mentor it in the incubator. In addition i will help to push this incubation proposal to the incubator (this role is called "Champion").

* What is expected from you?

If you consider to join the incubator, you need to sign an ICLA:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
This will allow the ASF to redistribute the logging code.

If you work on the code in your work time then we also need an allowance
from your employer. This is called CCLA:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt

When the project is set up you'll get full access to the source code.
At Apache we discuss technical changes on the mailing list. You as project will
need to find out how you can operate as a team.

Here is a nice link how the ASF works:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

* How you come back to the official Logging project:

Once the incubator decides that you folks have learned enough, it will be voted on your graduation. The Logging PMC will vote to accept you. If the vote are successful, you'll become official members of the Apache Logging project. Hopefully you will soon become PMC members of Apache Logging too.

FIRST STEP:

Now the first step would be for you to tell me:

Do you have still an interest and is it possible for you to sign the ICLA?

If a couple of you respond and the other Logging PMC members agree, we can work on the proposal.

All the best,
Christian

---
http://www.grobmeier.de