Hello everyone,

I'm having some problems compiling log4cxx on my iBook. This goes for the 0.9.7
release as well as for the
current CVS HEAD.

Leaving the 0.9.7 as it is gets me a libtool error (while make-ing):

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
-I../include/log4cxx -I../include -I/usr/
include/libxml2  -D_REENTRANT  -g -O2 -c -o appenderattachableimpl.lo `test -f
'appenderattachableimpl.cpp' || echo './'`appenderattachableimpl.cpp
libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.5'
Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.

Trying to ant the CVS HEAD leaves me with a linker error:

[cc] Starting link
[cc] ld:
/Users/jg/Downloads/Compile/logging-log4cxx/build/debug/static/libaprutil-1.a(xlate.o)
 illegal
      reference to symbol: _libiconv defined in indirectly referenced dynamic
library /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
[cc] /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed

As you see, I'm not very knowing in terms of libtool, linking etc. Anybody
here, who got log4cxx running on a
Mac? I just seem to be to dumb to get it to compile.

Could this be caused by Apple's std. libtool? Or any potential libtool version
garbage I created (I think I created
some..)?

Thanks a big lot, I'm really starting to get desperate.

Greetings,

Juri