Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
Ralph Goers skrev  den 03-08-2008 21:45:

1.2 is the only current version. 1.3 has been discontinued. The basic work to start 2.0 has been done. A branch has been created for the initial 2.0 work at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/branches/BRANCH_2_0_EXPERIMENTAL/. Jira has been setup to capture all the work for 2.0 at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2.
I am aware of that.

I expect to start doing stuff in the branch within the next few weeks.
Interesting.   What are you planning to do and what are your goals?
Take a look at the Jira issues that are already there. I imagine at first it will just be some cleanup work and going through and making Java 5 improvements. My goal is to end up with a cleaner architecture with some additional features. Unfortunately, I can't use Log4j in the application's in my environment right now because it is missing a critical feature. I will need something similar to Logback's TurboFilter before I can use it.

Ralph