What about binary compatibility?

Gary

<remko.po...@gmail.com> </div><div>Date:07/12/2014  08:31  (GMT-05:00)
Bruce, based on what I've seen from the patch, the API changes you have in mind
will not be very disruptive (as you already mentioned).
If addressing this issue will take some time, I would prefer to release 2.0
this weekend and do the fix in an upcoming release.
(And of course creating a branch is always fine.)

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Bruce Brouwer <bruce.brou...@gmail.com> wrote:
Shall I make a branch for this and check in what I have? If we really want to
push to get this out soon maybe someone else could help out on the branch.

On Jul 11, 2014 11:30 PM, "Gary Gregory" <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure looks like worth fixing. Leaks are nasty, even if it is a corner case,
someone will hit it. Unfortunately I have no time this weekend.

Gary

-------- Original message --------
From: Bruce Brouwer
Date:07/11/2014 23:11 (GMT-05:00)
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: Re: Next release

I know I haven't had time to spend on this project lately, but I never finished
off LOG4J2-609. If you're itching to release this weekend, then I won't be able
to get this done. The solution I'm presenting is a little bit invasive in the
"API", but I think the current solution has some real problems. The details are
in the JIRA. I only bring it up in case you think this area of the API should
not be allowed to change after 2.0. It is kind of off in a corner where most
people won't go, so maybe it will be acceptable to fix for a 2.1 release. Where
it stands right now, I don't have the tests working, which I now thing is
showing a problem with something in my solution.

What are your thoughts?

Other than that, I would really like to see 2.0 released.